Health & Fitness
NCFE LEVEL 1/2 TECHNIQICAL AWARD IN HEALTH AND FITNESS
EXAMINATION BOARD: NCFE VCERT
What will I learn?
- The principles of training and FITT
- How physical activities affect the body in the short and long term
- How relevant fitness test can be used for specific health and skill components of fitness
- Different lifestyle analysis tools and how to apply them
- Creating a health and fitness programme
Which skills will I develop?
Pupils develop written skills, evaluating and analysing, creating a fitness programme and ICT skills.
How will I learn?
Pupils will learn through theory lessons and research based tasks. Pupils will also take part in practical lessons looking at fitness testing and carrying out a fitness programme.
How will my work be assessed?
Pupils will be assessed through a range of methods:
Unit 1: Introduction to body systems and principles of training in health and fitness
Written Exam – Externally marked
Unit 2: Preparing and planning for health and fitness
Synoptic project – Internally assessed
- Word documents, presentations
- Video and voice recordings
- Posters, leaflets, booklets
- 1 external exam
Overall Qualification Grades:
NYA, Level 1Pass, Level 1 Merit, Level 1 Distinction, Level 1 Distinction*, Level 2 Pass, Level 2 Merit, Level 2 Distinction, Level 2 D*
Where might this lead?
Pupils can progress from this qualification to:
- GCSE in Physical Education
- A Level in Physical Education and Sport
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Sport & Physical Activity
- Level 3 Applied General in Sport Studies
- Level 3 Technical Level in Sport & Physical Activity
- Apprenticeships in occupations within the Health & Fitness sectors such as Health Assistants, Fitness Instructors or Personal Trainers.
Physical Education will bring great benefits to your personal health and fitness. Using knowledge, you have learnt during the course you will be able to make better decisions regarding healthy choices and exercise routines.
Studying this qualification will also open up potential career and further educational opportunities for you; these opportunities could include further study of health and fitness, gym apprenticeships, a career in sports health and fitness, and BTEC Nationals in Sports.