Careers, Education, Information, Advice & Guidance
CEIAG is an integral part of the support and curriculum offered by The Rosewood School.
All staff are involved in the delivery of careers education, key staff members are:
- Assistant Headteacher and Careers Leader – James Fewtrell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participation & Progression Officer – Bethan Lucas email@example.com
- Participation & Progression Officer – Bethan Liston firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Participation & Progression Officers are qualified and experienced careers advisers who work individually with pupils, in addition to supporting planning and delivery of other careers activities.
The Rosewood School has a careers programme which incorporates all planned careers activities throughout the academic year. The aims of this are:
- To enable pupils to make informed choices about their future education and career paths.
- To develop pupils understanding of the world of work.
- To equip pupils with the knowledge of the opportunities available to them.
You can find a summary of the careers programme under the Key Information page of the website which has a dedicated careers section.
Our careers programme is regularly evaluated by staff, pupils and partners. It is devised in accordance with The Gatsby Benchmarks, which is an ongoing process throughout the academic year.
The careers programme is reviewed as a whole once per year in the final term of the year by the careers team, and evaluates its impact by measuring the exposure pupils have had to The Gatsby Benchmarks. The next review will take place in July 2022. We are currently seeking other providers of a similar nature to make meaningful comparisons of data.
If you are a member of the wider community and would like to contribute to our careers programme, please contact us using the details above.
There are lots of careers related websites that may be of use to pupils and parents. These are listed under the Parents & Pupils page of the website where we have a dedicated page linking to careers - the current job market.
Other relevant documents that can be found on our Key Information page under Careers: