Vision / Intent:
The PE department aims to promote a healthy active lifestyle. We believe in the power of physical education and the benefits it has on an individual. We aim to provide a tailored curriculum that allows all pupils to access an active lifestyle.
KS3 / KS4
Key Stage 3 - 4 (Years 7 – 11)
Pupils in Years 7-11 will receive Three hours of Physical Education each week. The curriculum changes to suit individual needs, but all route ways will cover a range of Games, Gymnastics, Athletics and Fitness activities. Below is a list of the main activities that will be covered during the year 7-11 curriculum. All lessons follow a structured programme of study and are designed to be enjoyable, engaging, vigorous and purposeful. Active participation and effort is encouraged from all pupils.
Within Physical Education pupils will be assessed through their practical performance alongside their knowledge of the theory of their activity such as tactics, rules and regulations.
Through the Physical Education programme at The Rosewood School, we are striving for all pupils to be able to:
- Recognise and understand the importance of good health and fitness
- Pursue their own interests within sport, knowing the benefits of an active lifestyle
- Appreciate the concepts of fair play, honesty, competition and good sportsmanship
- Demonstrate a good level of physical competence and understanding of their own capabilities, as well as limitations, to foster self-esteem and build self confidence
- Persevere with determination in order to achieve individual success, irrelevant of their ability
- Work successfully within a group and team situations, both competitively and co-operatively, thereby developing acceptable social skills
- Demonstrate expression and creativity and appreciate aesthetically pleasing movement.
- Pupils become willing to participate in physical activity and create a positive response towards participating in different sports.
Some of the sports within the Curriculum that are delivered are:
- Table Tennis
Some of the extra-curricular, off-site activities include:
- Wall climbing